We are hiring a talented Director of Engineering to join our growing company for full-time employment. As the Director of Engineering, you will report directly into the VP Product Development at Veriday and will be responsible for product development & team management. You will be working closely with all the leads in the Product team to ensure the product roadmap is achievable and is being delivered on time with high-quality standards defined by Veriday.
What will you do?
• Lead and manage a team of technical developers, QA analysts and QA automation specialists
• Report to and collaborate directly with the VP of Product
• Create and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, processes and procedures to improve business performance
• Empowers the engineering team to produce business results while progressing their knowledge and experience to support their professional and personal growth
• Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close.
• Assists in determining which delivery frameworks and methodologies are relevant to different complex initiatives
• Experience with leading a team of at least 10 people, architecting solutions, establishing best practices, and introducing/implementing new technologies.
• Identify ongoing risks and pain points throughout project experiences in the field and contribute to developing and implementing internal mitigation measures to meet customer needs.
• Java development responsibilities include designing and developing web applications to deliver high-performance and responsive web applications.
• Collaborate with other disciplines across Engineering, UX, QA, and Product to create and estimate solutions
• You will build applications that are responsive, high performing, and accessible using technologies such as Vue, Backbone, Spring, Java and more.
• You will ensure designs follow specifications while preparing and producing releases of software components.
What do you need to succeed?
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline from an accredited institution
• Total of 10+ years of minimum experience leading development teams and architecting solutions
• At least 5 years of experience in solution architecture and design for enterprise web content and digital experience management platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively design technical solutions within a diverse technical team.
• Experience leading technical teams and mentoring junior level resources, consultants, and clients while leading internal initiatives to grow Services organization practices
• Experience in designing and optimizing processes around code control, quality and unit test automation
• At least five years of experience in working on Java, Spring development side.
• Proficient in Java and Object-Oriented design patterns
• Knowledgeable with Relational and No-SQL Databases such as, MongoDB, MySql, etc.
• Experience in performance tuning and profiling a JAVA runtime.
• Developing RESTful web services or APIs that are consumed by front end developers to build applications
• Data exchange formats and protocols such as, JSON, JSONP, XML, REST, SOAP etc.
• Experience with implementation and build out of a QA automation test suite
• Experience with Microservices
• Experience with Popular JS Frameworks such as Angular and React
• Experience with Configuration Management & Infrastructure as Code (Ansible, Chef, etc.)
• Experience with Key/Value Stores (Consul, Vault, etc.)
• Experience with Spring Boot/Cloud
• Experience with Message Broker such as ActiveMQ
• Experience with ElasticSearch/Kibana
We offer a competitive salary, casual workspace and great people to collaborate with. If this job sounds perfect for you, please share your profile at email@example.com