At Veriday, every employee is inspired to innovate, improve and transform digital experience, enabling client and employee engagement, through our products and services.
We are hiring an IT Operations Team Lead to be located anywhere in Canada to join our growing company for full-time employment As IT Operations Team Lead, you will work as a member of the engineering team, overseeing a growing IT operations team who are responsible for maintaining and optimizing deployment processes and infrastructure! We are seeking a candidate who has proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve and work hands-on with the team. As IT Operations Team Lead, you will strive for the continuous improvement of our processes, infrastructure, and monitoring. You will also collaborate and work with partners across the engineering teams.
What will you do?
• Provide leadership to our IT Operations team, and lead by example.
• Responsible for the operational monitoring of services to meet the SLAs.
• Proactively manage infrastructure to address growth to meet service level agreements.
• Guiding design and implementation of process and infrastructure.
• Oversee data backup and system security operations (e.g. user authorization, firewalls).
• Manage installations, upgrades, and configurations of hardware and software.
• Resolve issues escalated by technicians and engineers.
• Responsible for triaging, resolving and reporting on critical severity issues as first-level support.
• Maintain and optimize local company networks and servers.
• Assess system performance and recommend improvements.
• Ensure data is handled, transferred, or processed according to legal and company guidelines
• Coordinate project outlines and timelines with other members of the engineering team
• Distribution and Coordination of assignments to team members
• Facilitate daily scrums, stand-ups, and meetings to monitor projects/tasks
• Shape team behavior through excellent management via the agile method
• Perform reviews on IT Operations team members.
• Build strong relationships with stakeholders.
• Measure and Document weekly progress and share reports with executive stakeholders
• Assist with facilitating team member skill/knowledge growth.
• Ensure the team prioritizes a “Customer First” goal
What do you need to succeed?
• Bachelor’s degree in technology or related field required
• Must possess hands-on with VPN, LDAP, Unix, Terraform, microservice, domain management (ENOM, Cloudflare, Godaddy), Ansible, and Jenkins
• Knowledgeable in AWS service EC2, Elasticsearch, RDS, Mongo
• Experience with information technology (IT) projects
• Proven experience as IT Operations Manager
• Experience with system installation, configuration and analysis
• Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing
• Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (e.g. GDPR)
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Experience with Agile Development Processes
• Must possess leadership skills and experience
• Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, both
verbal and written
• Must possess the ability to explain intricate and complicated concepts and ideas.
• Must possess the ability to work well with many different kinds of people, departments, and divisions
• Familiar with DevSecOps framework.
What you can expect from Veriday:-
• An opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and talented developers.
• Professional development through learning and mentorship.
• An inclusive culture value your presence.
• Growth, Agility, Flexibility, and Autonomy at work.
• A dynamic, Fun-filled, and collaborative workplace maintains a great Life-Work balance.
We offer a competitive salary, a remote workplace, and great people to collaborate with. If this job sounds perfect for you, please apply.
https://www.veriday.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Veriday_logo.png00HR Veridayhttps://www.veriday.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Veriday_logo.pngHR Veriday2022-09-28 17:10:212022-09-28 17:18:31IT Operations Team Lead