Veriday Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who:
• visit any websites or mobile sites offered by Veriday Inc. and including all subdomains, present and future (the “Website”);
• use the mobile applications that Veriday makes available from time to time (the “Applications”);
• use the services including Digital Agent; and any other future products (the “Platforms”).
To make this policy easier to read, we call the Website, the Applications, and the Platforms, together the “Services”. When we talk about “Personal Information”, we mean information relating to you or other identifiable individuals.
Veriday Data and Customer Content
We collect or may collect Personal Information (such as registration and account information) from our customers and users of the Services for our own purposes, such as to provide and administer the Services.
Veriday Data we receive or collect
When you subscribe to our newsletter or download an e-book, we collect some Personal Information about you such as:
• your full name and email address and other contact details
• the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices
• your IP Address and, when applicable, timestamp related to your consent and confirmation of consent
• other information submitted by you or your organizational representatives via various methods (phone, email, online forms, surveys, in-person meetings, etc)
• information we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as queries or comments concerning our Services
• information relating to an individual’s real time location
Veriday also automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on our Website, the Platforms, and the Applications, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies (see “Cookies and Related Technologies” below). For example, each time you visit the Website or otherwise use the Services, we automatically collect your IP address, browser and device type, access times, the web page from which you came, the regions from which you navigate the web page, and the web page(s) you access (as applicable).
How we use Veriday Data
Veriday uses Data for the following general purposes:
• to analyze the Website or the other Services and information about our visitors and users, including research into our user demographics and user behaviour in order to improve our content and Services
• to contact you about your account and provide customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions
• to share aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about users of the Services to prospective advertisers and partners
• to keep you informed about the Services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, contests and events we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us
• to sell or market Veriday products and services to you
• to better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, improve the features and usability of the Services, and better understand and market to our customers and users
• to keep the Services safe and secure
We also use non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Services with a view to introducing improvements and improving usability of the Services. We may share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use the Services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal experience.
Cookies and related technologies
The Services use “session cookies”, which improve your user experience by storing certain information from your current visit on your device, such as log-in information. These enable us to remember your log-in session so you can move easily within the Website or the other Services. Other examples of our use of session cookies include to track the number of visits by a particular visitor to a page.
Performance and Remarketing Cookies
i) Google Display Advertising
Additionally, Veriday uses Google Analytics code that allows for certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features. Subject to change, the Google Display Advertising features Veriday currently uses are Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
These features are used to advertise online; to allow third-party vendors, including Google, to show you advertising across the Internet; to allow Veriday and third-party vendors, including Google, to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Website and to report how ad impressions, uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the Website. Data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) is also combined with Google Analytics to better understand the needs of Veriday users and to improve the Services.
You may opt out of such display advertising at any time by visiting your Google Ads Settings page or by installing and running the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on .
Veriday uses other third-party performance and remarketing cookies, and further information on those third-party cookies can be obtained by contacting us.
Veriday may also use related technologies including web beacons, bugs, pixels, and software tokens in order to facilitate your use of the Services.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. The Network Advertising Initiative has also developed a tool that may help you understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser and opt-out of those cookies. Further information can be found at http://www. networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Please note however that, by blocking or deleting cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website, Applications, Platforms, and/or Shop. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, and that may affect your ability to view images in other emails that you receive.
The Site and the Service are not directed to anyone under the age of 13. The Site does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13, or allow anyone under the age of 13 to sign up for the Service. In the event that we learn that we have gathered personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use industry best practices to keep any information collected and/or transmitted to the Supported Platforms or Third-Party Apps secure.
You may opt out of marketing communications sent by Veriday by managing your email by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email.
You can contact us to obtain a copy of the Personal Information held about you by us. This may be subject to a fee not exceeding any prescribed fee permitted by applicable law. You can also ask us to correct and, where relevant, erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may need to be retained by Veriday for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law. As mentioned above you have a right to change your email preferences at any time.
5520 Explorer Drive, Suite 400
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L4W 5L1
© Veriday Inc. 2018